Social media is such a great tool. As someone who has been using social networking sites since she got her first computer and made a career out of it, I’d say that it’s one of the best things to come out of this technological revolution we’re in.
While I spend quite a bit of time on social media between my personal and According to Brittney accounts, it can definitely become overwhelming to manage it all. I’m apart of multiple group pages and message chains, post daily to all ATB channels, and have over 500 personal Facebook friends.
Even though it can be a lot, I love it! I probably spend more time on social media than I do anything else. I would absolutely classify myself as someone who is addicted to social media. When I’m waiting in line, out of town, already using my computer for something else like the Sims, I am on my phone looking at Facebook or Instagram. It’s definitely a problem (trust me, my boyfriend tells me all the time).
So, I decided to do a little experiment with myself that I’m calling #SocialMediaAddictChallenge. Here’s how the challenge is going to go:
- Sign off on all social channels including According to Brittney (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat)
- Delete social media apps on phone
- Do not log back in until 12:00am Monday, June 5th 2017 (which I’ll probably be asleep so it will be later than that.
The challenge begins Friday, June 2nd, 2017 at 12:00am.
This may sound crazy but I am a little nervous about not having social media. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with myself! Hopefully, this weekend will help me with my clear addiction to social media.
Gain from completing social media challenge
- Find more productive ways to spend my time than aimlessly scrolling
- Feel refreshed with new social media ideas
- Spend overall less time on social media in the future
I definitely have a lot of things to accomplish that could get done if I wasn’t always checking social media. The hardest part for me will be not posting to According to Brittney at all for 2 days. But, I think I can manage. After all, this may help with my strategics in the long run.
See you Monday with an update on how the experiment went!
- According to Brittney